Supporting Academic Practice in a Digital Age: A Symposium at the University of Exeter
Thursday 17 May 2012
The Forum, University of Exeter (Streatham Campus)
10am - 3.45pm
STOP PRESS: This event is now scheduled to take place in the prestigious new Forum building - officially opened by Her Majesty The Queen recently. We are delighted to have secured this inspirational and showcase space for this event.
Digital technologies – devices, software, networks and services – are changing study practices. They are also changing the broader practices of the academy, including research, teaching, and scholarly publishing.
Developing students’ understanding of how digital technology can support their learning and help them to succeed is becoming increasingly important. Academic and learning advisers also need opportunities to reflect on these changes, and ensure their understanding and skills are up to date.
This event, hosted by the Exeter Cascade project and the Academic Skills Development team at the University of Exeter, will bring together digital literacy experts, academic advisers, teaching staff and students to explore the impact of digital methods on academic practice. There will be opportunities to share ideas and advance our understanding, as well as examine practice more closely in workshop sessions.
Who should attend?
- Learning advisers, academic advisers, library advisers, and other student-facing advisers
- Academic staff involved in support of student learning
- Students with an interest in learning and academic practice
What will participants gain from the day?
- A better understanding of how learning and study practices are changing
- Awareness of how different technologies can support study effectively
- Exchange of ideas and experiences with other advisory professionals (staff and students)
- Ideas for using different technologies to support work with students
Please follow the link at top for the Programme Schedule.
Contacts & Queries
Please do get in touch if you have any questions about this event.
THIS EVENT IS NOW AT FULL CAPACITY - Please see below to join the waiting list...