Profiling for Success - personal and career development tool
On these pages you will find information about self-assessment tools that can help you in your personal and career development, and about how you can use these tools effectively. You can use these tools to understand more about:
- How your abilities relate to career choices
- Your learning style and how you can become a more effective learner
- Your preferences and how these relate to your strengths and possible areas for development
Why is this for me?
Self-awareness, or understanding more about ourselves, is at the centre of personal development and career development.
These tools can help you to:
- Understand your values and learning style
- Evaluate your career interests
- Describe fluently the ‘type’ of person you are
- Identify things you might find difficult and develop strategies to deal with these
- Understand how you relate to others in different situations (e.g. teamwork, leadership/management, socially)
We are also now providing access to the Verbal, Numerical and Abstract Reasoning Skills Tests as well as to the Type Dynamics Indicator (TDI), Learning Styles Indicator (LSI), Values-based Indicator of Motivation (VbIM) and Career Interests Inventory (CII).
For further details and guidance download the supporting documents below:
Take the assessments
The link below takes you to the Profiling for Success assessment system, where you can take the assessments and receive your reports.
You will need to enter the access codes to the system and some personal details and then select the assessment you want to take. Reports will be sent to you be email.
The system runs on Internet Explorer and needs the Macromedia Flash plug-in to be installed. If Flash is not installed, Internet Explorer will prompt you to download this. Reports are sent by email, and so your email system must be able to receive html attachments. You are advised not to use a Hotmail account as problems have been encountered with how Hotmail handles attachments.
Please note that personal information is used only for generating your personalised report and for data monitoring purposes. All information is stored securely in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
To access the tests you will need to enter a password, download the passwords from this link: Profiling for success - password.
The tests can then be accessed from http://www.profilingforsuccess.com/take-an-assessment.php