Can I renew my loan?
Yes, as long as your item hasn't been reserved by anyone else then you can renew it as many times as you want.
You can renew your items:
- In person, at any of our libraries
- By contacting us, either by phone or email
- Online via your Library Record.
How do I renew my books online?
- Log in to your Library Record, either through the Library Catalogue or via the Library tab on MyExeter
- You'll see a list of the items you have on loan, together with the date they're due for return. You can choose to sort by due date, to see which items need to be returned or renewed soonest.
To renew all of your items, click Renew All.
If you only want to renew some of them, tick the boxes by the items you want to renew and click Renew Selected.
You'll be asked to confirm you wish to renew these items. Click Yes to complete the process.
- If the renewal was successful, the Status column will clearly state 'renewed' and show the new due date. If any items cannot be renewed, a message will appear to warn you of this and the Status column will show the reason why.
- Note that you can't renew your items online after you've been sent an overdue notification, or if you have unpaid fines of over £10. In these situations you'll need to contact the Library in order to renew.