Will You Send Me Any Notices?
Whenever we need to contact you, we'll send a message to your University email address. You should therefore check this regularly and let us know if your contact details change.
Email notifications you'll receive from us include:
- Reminders: The item (s) listed in this notice is about to become due for return (except for Express Collections items), prompting you to return or renew them.
- Overdue notices: The item (s) listed in this notice has become overdue. After you've received one of these, it is no longer possible to renew your items online, so you'll need to contact us.
- Recall* notices: The item(s) listed in this notice has been requested by someone else. Recalled books cannot be renewed and may be due earlier than the original due date. Check your library record. Please return item(s) before the due date to avoid fines of £1 per day.
*What is a Recall?
- Books on loan to you can be requested by someone else. When this happens, the items are “recalled.” You get an email notice about this. Recalled books cannot be renewed and may be due earlier than the original due date. This policy is necessary to allow fair access to all our materials for all students.
- Your books can be recalled anytime. During vacations, recalls can be made and due dates might be brought forward. Books may have to returned during the vacation. Remember you can post books back to the library.
Please note that it is your responsibility to manage your Library borrowing and to return or renew your books on time. You can check the due dates of your library books or renew them by logging in to your Library Record.