- Contact us
- Hot issues
- Your IT account
- Open access IT facilities
- Office 365
- Office 2013
- Skype for Business
- exehub for Staff
- Files and storage
- Network and Wi-Fi
- Systems, processes and training
- Digital Signage
- Telephony (staff)
- IT equipment and software (staff)
- E-learning and ELE (staff)
- AV support for learning spaces
- Strategic IT projects
- One Exeter IT - Transformation
- Information Security
- IT regulations and policy
- About Exeter IT
Symplectic is the University’s Current Research Information System.
The Symplectic system comprises:
- A record of publications with manual input and automated gathering of publications data from online databases
- A module to provide integration with the Institutional Repository
- Functionality to gather professional activity and esteem data
- Full reporting across the data held within the system
This provides the University with:
- Key data for the REF and other research monitoring exercises
- Statistical reports on research output, providing an understanding of our institution’s strengths
- Centralised data that can be incorporated into other systems, such the institutional website, portal and staff profiles
- Symplectic Publications is produced by Symplectic Ltd.
Research staff can access an ‘Impact’ module in Symplectic which enables the capture of impact evidence, to bring together impact evidence by project, researcher or case study, and to begin to create an impact narrative. This is the first published version of the module and will be refined by Symplectic based on user feedback.
Drop-in training sessions on the module will be held, and one-to-one support is also available on request.
|Date and time||Venue|
|Thursday 28 April, 12-1pm||Hatherly B12, Streatham|
|Friday 29 April, 1.30-2.30pm||South Cloisters 2.13, St Luke’s|
|Tuesday 3 May, 12.30-1.30pm||Hatherly B12, Streatham|
|Wednesday 4 May, 12.30-1.30pm||Hatherly B12, Streatham|
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, to register interest in attending these sessions.
A launch event is being held at Penryn campus. Please register by contacting Poppy Phythian.
Thursday 5 May. 12.30-1.30pm, Exeter IT suite 3.037
Who Uses Symplectic
Symplectic is primarily used by Academic staff and members of Professional Services. Symplectic can be accessed through the University's Website.