- IT Help Desk
- IT service status
- IT account
- IT equipment and software
- Files and storage
- The University network
- E-learning and Exeter Learning Environment
- AV, video conferencing and learning spaces
- Systems, processes and training
- Telephone services
- IT training
- Open access IT facilities
- IT regulations and policy
- Viruses and Malware
- See how we are performing against SLA
The Module And Course Evaluation (MACE) system is currently administered by the Academic Systems team. It has been designed to replace the previous process of student module and programme evaluation being carried out on paper and then largely optically marked before feedback to the relevant tutors / staff. Where these evaluations involved open-ended textual responses these needed to be transcribed from the paper copies to electronic form before feedback and analysis could take place.
The MACE system carries out all evaluation on-line, in an anonymised way and via a standard web browser interface. Evaluations can be scheduled for modules or programmes for any time during the academic year and can only be completed once for each individual student. All storing, compilation and basic statistical analysis of responses is also carried out automatically by the MACE system.
Who Uses MACE
The MACE system is used by all students currently studying within the University, and by specific administrative staff within each school or sub-department.
It can be accessed by both user groups via a single generic web address - mace.exeter.ac.uk
Students using MACE can:
- Complete an on-line evaluation for any modules / programmes that they are enrolled on within SITS during the current academic year that has a matching MACE evaluation in place. They will only be able to do this when they log in during the specified start date and end date time-frame.
- Only submit each listed evaluation once, with their responses stored in an anonymised way.
- Print out an evaluation completion list for auditing purposes.
MACE administrators can carry out the following:
- Create and edit evaluation template designs.
- Add and schedule module and programme evaluations based on template designs.
- Send out email reminders for scheduled evaluations.
- View submitted evaluations statistically, compiled or at a question-by-question level.
- Export evaluation submissions for external analysis in other software packages.