- IT Help Desk
- IT service status
- IT account
- IT equipment and software
- Files and storage
- The University network
- E-learning and Exeter Learning Environment
- AV, video conferencing and learning spaces
- Systems, processes and training
- Telephone services
- IT training
- Open access IT facilities
- IT regulations and policy
- Viruses and Malware
- See how we are performing against SLA
We can help with smartphones and tablets as well as computers.
We run a free Laptop Clinic service for all students, which has been running for over 10 years. Our team of dedicated IT professionals can help diagnose and fix many faults, including malware, network issues, data recovery and so on. We don’t just look at laptops either, but are happy to help with desktops, Macs, tablets and smartphones also.
To attend a Laptop Clinic you just need to pop along to our walk-in service held on the IT Help Desk Counter in the Forum. If our team determine that your device requires more in depth investigation, or will take a while to fix, they will book you into a dedicated follow up appointment. Here we would be able to spend more time troubleshooting and resolving your problem.
Walk-in Laptop Clinics
Location: IT Help Desk Counter, Student Services Centre, The Forum
Times: Every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 14:00 – 15:30 during term time only. Just come along with your Laptop and charger.
Appointment Based Clinics
Location: Interview Room 04, Student Services Centre, The Forum
Times: Every Wednesday and Friday 14:00 – 16:30 during term time only.
Both clinics are absolutely free of charge.
We can help with…
|Network connections||Hardware fault diagnosis|
|Laptops||Anti-virus advise and removal|
|Desktops||Malware checking and removal|
|Macs||Software removal and (re)installation|
|Smartphones||Operating system errors|
Please note –
- During our walk-in sessions, our technicians will spend up to 15 minutes attempting to resolve or diagnose your problem. If they feel you need to attend our appointment based Clinic they will book you in.
- Clinic ends at 16:30, therefore if we feel we may not get around to resolving your problem we may ask you to come back another day.
- Whilst we can help diagnose hardware faults we cannot fix them. Nor can we recommend any third parties who may be able to.
You can view the Laptop Clinic terms and conditions here.