- IT Help Desk
- IT service status
- Your IT account
- Telephony (staff)
- Files and storage
- Network and Wi-Fi
- IT equipment for student use
- Laptop clinics
- IT equipment and software
- E-learning and ELE
- AV, video conferencing and learning spaces
- Systems, processes and training
- Open access IT facilities
- IT regulations and policy
- Viruses and Malware
- About Exeter IT
Online Learning Content
The University of Exeter Online Learning (eXol) is a new service designed to enhance the quality of your online modules in the Exeter Learning Environment (ELE).
eXol can create a variety of multimedia learning objects that you can embed within your ELE course structure:
- Video –based animated narratives
- Flash - based interactive objects
- Interactive diagrams
- Interactive images
- Video interviews
- Embedded streaming media clips from terrestrial TV programmes (using the Box of Broadcasts facility)
Multimedia learning objects (MLOs) can enhance your face-to-face teaching programme by providing a blended learning opportunity. MLOs can be utilised as “pre-readers” for students to use before a face-to-face learning event, as a resource to re-enforce learning after a face-to-face-learning event and as a resource that can be used “live” in a face-to-face event as part of a demonstration.
eXol has two branches: Product Development and Training:
Branch 1: Product Development - "We do the work for you"
This branch has five stages:
- Identify your module requirements
- Design Content
- Approve Content
- Produce and test multimedia learning object
- Deploy within ELE
Branch 2: Training - "We provide tools, training and support - you do the development"
This branch has three stages:
- Attend training session(s) and receive any further support and advice
- eXol provides multimedia toolkit
- You design and deploy your own multimedia learning object and deploy within ELE with our support as required
In the product development branch we do almost all of the work for you. We will, of course, require some of your time (typically 2 half day sessions for a module development) to capture the content of any multimedia learning objects. However, we should stress that we endeavour to ensure that your time commitment is kept to an absolute minimum.
For more information or to distribute our information to colleagues please download our exol flyer .
If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact the eXol team. Contact Mike Highfield (Team Leader):