Library Resource Development
The Library Resource Development Team provide expertise in library resourcing and preocurement compliance, supplier contracts, metadata, and full data analysis and business reporting to ensure team's processes are fully customer focused and represent value for money.
All institutional information expenditure from Library and the Colleges flows through this team totalling over £2million per annum.
The needs of researchers and students underpin all the activities within this team and their core aim is to ensure services and workflows are designed to get the right resources (print and electronic) into circulation as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Process orders from Schools for both print and electronic books and periodicals, databases and AV materials in support of learning and research.
- Channel orders by the quickest route to the most suitable suppliers, balancing urgency and cost, utilising discounts afforded via the Southern Universities Purchasing consortium and contracts negotiated which adhere to EU purchasing requirements in the first instance.
- Use the Millennium library management system, to maintain online records of orders which allow us to provide timely information to Schools of the progress of orders, forthcoming subscription deadlines and financial consequences.
- Classify material according to the Dewey Classification Scheme (or Scheme in use), and add it to the web-based catalogue, accessed via Library web pages, to provide an online record of all our holdings.
- To maintain this catalogue, the Team use all applicable international standards for record description which allows economies through data transfer opportunities with other agencies, providing accurate description to aid users in locating items and to endorse the academic standing of the University of Exeter
- .The catalogue is also being developed as an information portal for scholarly information, including licensed and approved free e-content, with linkages to the student portal, supported by the Electronic Library web pages providing alternative access routes and further information.
For more information or advice on library resourcing and reporting, please contact Beverley Hughes.
Library Resource Development Manager
Location: LRD Office, Level -2, Main Library, Stocker Road, Exeter, Devon, UK. EX4 4PT
Availability: Monday to Friday
01392 723864 (3864)